50 White Papers in 50 Days
The National List of Attorneys has undertaken a new project -- compiling state-specific collection laws one white paper at a time.
Over the course of the next 50 days, one National List Member Attorney from each state will provide a 3-10 page paper covering collection-law issues specific to their state. Each lawyer is active in the debt collection industry and has been a reliable and knowledgeable source of information. Publication of these papers will begin on February 4, 2013.
GRCA will post each day's offering here, and we'll be archiving the whole set in our member library.
Some of the covered topics include, but are not limited to:
- The laws regarding statute of limitations, written contracts, bad checks and civil penalties.
- Debt collection licensing, bonding and other regulations relevant to collections professionals and lawyers not licensed to practice within that state.
- Practices related to commercial and consumer collections.
- Costs related to court filing fees and process-serving options.
- Significant cases brought by the State’s Attorney General, and ethics opinions passed down from the State Supreme Court related to debt collection.
Download today's paper by clicking below.