We cannot write your letters for you but we can offer you the next best thing. This area of our website houses our correspondence repository so you can get a feel for many different types of letters and notices being sent out to debtors.
Sample Letters used by government agencies to collect debt
The following is a sampling of a few letters shared by government agencies. It is our intent for users to copy any applicable text for use in their government.
- County of Arlington – Notice of unpaid taxes document
- City of Boise – Shutoff Letter
- State of Ohio – Inmate Payment Agreement Request Letter
There are currently over 150 sample letters in our repository for our members. If you would like to have access to the rest of the library so you can see and copy different samples and also receive many other valuable benefits, click here.
If you have letters you feel would be of good use to others and don’t mind sharing, please attach the items to an e-mail and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. With your submission, please let us know:
- What is the name of your organization?
- What do you collect?
- When do you use the letter(s)?
- Compared to the rest of your letters, how often is this letter used (high, medium, low frequency)?
- Why you think this letter is effective?
- The financial/collection success you have seen because of this letter.
- How is this letter used as part of your overall collection strategy?
We use the requested information to assist our users in determining the letter’s potential value to their organization.
NOTE: Please be aware that your submission is posted on our site with the intention that all or part of the document will be copied and used by other government agencies that are members of the Government Revenue Collection Assocation. Please do not submit any proprietary documents that cannot be shared amongst our users.